Friday 13 February 2009

TUTORIAL WITH KIT (&SALLY).

So after the presentations and a talk with Kit and Sally, I can finally describe what it is I want to achieve without going off on a tangent! :) This will more than likely change, however for now I am happy with how this stands:

'I am encouraging people to think in a more positive way. From more positive thinking  I want to encourage people to become more confident with how they perceive everyday life.'

These tutorials lasted for a long long time, however I enjoyed being able to talk about other people's work with them and bounce ideas around. Unfortunately, by the time it got to my turn, it was approaching the end of the day and half my group had to disappear off. I was still able to get some solid suggestions though, as there were less people so we were all agreeing on things as opposed to switching and changing minds.
I have had positive feedback from both Sally and Kit for the idea, and I want to push it as far as it can go in the given time space I have.
By the end of the tutorial I have agreed some targets to meet by the next time we meet.
  • I need to research Anthony Burrill > consider use of colour, connect with colour theory/analyse and compare to how I work.
  • Positive thinking.
  • Quotes and design > decide where it will appear > advert in magazine?
  • Recording process? > gather info from 10-20 people and map > 10 good things about each day > record how they feel after taking this exercise?
  • Look at 'Poems in the waiting room'.
Think about researching:
  • How can groups of people motivate each other?
  • Look at 'True' (graphic designer).
  • Primary research.
  • Colour theory.
  • State of mind.
  • Psychology.
  • Stereotyping.

No comments: