My cards were originally aimed at kids, however witnessing the feedback I had received, they appeal to our age group too. This is good as immediately my target audience is broadened and a result, is more likely to sell. Due to the simplicity and the size of the designs, the production costs would be low, therefore making it easier to mass produce.
I showed my design sheets, original characters, finished product, and elements of my sketchbook in my critique, all of which really helped to explain my work and gave everyone else a much better understanding of where my idea came from.
Comments made at the critique by my peers are:
- "I prefer seeing the whole character on the front, unless you show a bit more on the cropped cards."
- "I like the fact you can only see a bit of the monster as it would encourage you to buy the wrapping paper as well."
- "They appeal to me, and I'm not a kid."
- "Despite the simplicity, they hold a lot of character."
- "I can see this working as a much bigger collection than what you have made."
- "This would look good as a badge."
I took these as positive comments and may adjust the cards slightly, however I am extremely happy with the work I have produced :)
On top of this I need to produce some print specs and consider paper stock, although the card that I have used, works well especially as it is aimed towards kids.
Overall I am really happy with my feedback and results.